This list will be continually updated prior to the event.
AC&M Fire Equipment: fire extinguishers of all classes, including those filled with soda acid or carbon dioxide. Metal or plastic heads OK. Can be empty or still pressurized.
All-American Recycling: anything with a cord that’s no longer usable: computers, electronics, televisions, air conditioners, freezers, propane tanks etc. No CRT monitors or CRT TVs. Note that fees may be charged. See Complete List for specifics.
Ayer-Shirley Lions Club: eyeglasses, hearing aids and prescription sunglasses. They are cleaned, tested and re-used for people that can’t afford them. Most glasses are used in other countries, while the hearing aids are re-used in the US. Eyeglasses need to be intact, no missing lenses or broken frames. No cases.
Ayer Shirley Regional School District Music Program: stringed and band instruments (no pianos or organs). Must be repairable or playable.
Battery Man Recycling: rechargeable and single-use household batteries, such as D-cell, C-cell, AA, AAA, 9-volt, and button cell; rechargeable battery packs from cell phones, cameras, laptops, power tools, etc; automotive/motorcycle/boat batteries; cell phones and any other dry-cell batteries. Must be intact, not bulging or leaking.
Commons4Kids: trading cards (sports and non-sports, gaming, adult, comic book, movie, TV show, music, etc.)
Crayon Initiative: Used crayons.
Devens Eco-Efficiency Center: Arts and crafts supplies: beads, chalk, chenille steams, craft paper, fabric/felt (medium and large pieces), foam shapes, glue, glue sticks, paint brushes, pipe cleaners, pom-poms, ribbon, stamps, stencils, stickers, wood sticks, yarn. Office supplies: binder clips, clipboards, cork boards, desk organizers, envelopes and mailing supplies, erasers, folders, all types, glue sticks, highlighters, magnets and tacks, markers, paper, all types, paper clips, paper punches, pens, pencils, rulers, scissors, staplers and staples, tape and adhesives. New or like new condition only.
Devens Recycling Center: wood scrap including Trex (no pressure-treated, creosote or railroad ties).
Donations Clearinghouse: furniture including tables and chairs, bureaus, end tables, nightstands; mattress/box springs sets (queen or smaller); sets of dishes, glasses and silverware; lamps; cookware; small kitchen appliances (blenders, toasters, etc); upholstered items (sofas, loveseats, chairs) in good, reusable condition.
FBS Tire Recycling: auto, motorcycle, bicycle, lawn mower, tractor tires (on or off the rim).
- textiles: clothes, footwear, accessories, linens, backpacks, duffel bags. In any condition as long as they’re clean, dry and mold-free.
- miscellaneous: toys (models, blocks, LEGO etc), games, dolls, soft-sided luggage, jewelry, balls, helmets in very good to excellent condition/no missing pieces.
Friends of Pepperell Recreation: gently used bicycles, wagons, tricycles, ride-on toys, bike racks (must include all parts to affix to car). Tires must hold air AND bike must be rideable and have all parts. No rusted, broken bikes.
- Styrofoam: bulk, pre-formed packing and coolers, must display #6 symbol. White only.
- insulation board, aka Owens Foamular (pink), or Dow Styrofoam (blue board), must display #6 symbol.
- spongy foam, white or clear only. Must display #4 symbol.
- No peanuts or food containers. All items must be absolutely clean and dry.
- mattresses/box springs: must be clean, dry and insect-free. $20 per mattress. Vendor has the right of refusal.
Habitat for Humanity ReStore: Good to excellent, ready-to-install construction materials such as faucets, shower enclosures, piping, tubs, vanities, bricks, masonry, shutters, roof shingles, cabinets, countertops, doors, electrical supplies (no light bulbs), ceramic tiles (full boxes only), flooring, hardware, lumber, plywood, siding, trim, molding, paint (full containers of acrylic or latex only), windows; hand and power tools (in working order only); furniture; grills; patio sets; holiday decor; exercise equipment in working order, less than 5 years old.
Holiday LEDs: used holiday strings of LED lights.
Household Goods: Good to excellent furniture, kitchen items, linens, small and large (under 10 years old) appliances, electronics, baby items, mattress pads, rugs (8×10 or smaller).
Lowe’s: plastic plant pots, trays and tags
Mitrano Removal Service: scrap metal.
More Than Words: fiction and non-fiction books (hardcover or trade paperback), antiquarian books, audio books on CD or cassette, music CDs, LPs, DVD and VHS movies, video games. VHS and audio cassette tapes will be accepted at $10/box.
Pat Brody Shelter for Cats: cat carriers and cat trees in reusable condition, odor-free.
The Pen Guy: ball point pens, mechanical pencils at end of life.
Recolor Paints: latex paint; primers; water-based stains, polyurethane, glazes. Partial containers OK. must be reusable. To be accepted, paint must:
- be in original container specifying type (i.e., Latex), intended application (e.g., interior), and gloss level.
- visually match labelled content.
- be less than 10 years old.
- be in liquid form. Paint that has been frozen will not be accepted.
- See requirements for acceptable paint here.
ReCORK: natural wine corks.
RecycleBalls: tennis balls.
REquipment: power and manual wheelchairs, scooters, sling lifts, portable ramps, tub/shower chairs, rollator walkers, adapted strollers, standers and gait trainers, and specialty cushions/mattresses. Equipment should be in good condition or easily repaired. Exceptions may be made with regard to the age or condition of the equipment if it is in high demand, of high-value or unusual to access.
Ring Leader: plastic six-pack rings and multi-pack carrier rings.
SkiChair: Skis (water, Alpine, Nordic), boards, hockey sticks, golf clubs, bats. Must be in very good to excellent condition.
- Air freshener cartridges/plugs/trigger heads, packaging
- Brita water filters and pitchers
- Contact lenses and blister packs, all brands
- Entenmann’s Little Bites and Mini’s packaging
- Foil-lined energy/granola/protein/meal replacement bar wrappers
- Hasbro toys in any condition (list here)
- Media storage: LPs, 8-track tapes, cassette tapes, floppy disks, jewel cases. Limited amount accepted per person, will be charged a small fee.
- Oral care products: toothpaste tubes (empty), caps, toothbrushes, toothpaste cartons, toothbrush outer packaging, floss containers (empty).
- Squeezable snack food pouches
UNICEF Change for Good: foreign currency, bills and coins
The Ayer Recycling Committee will sell Earth Machine compost bins for $45 (cash or check only).