Recycle Your Reusables is
- a local way to keep hundreds of tons of material from waste streams. Vendors repurpose materials of value in ways that support underserved communities, and boost our local economy.
- a very busy and chaotic place! You may encounter waiting lines. Please be patient! And don’t come early. No one is allowed to drop off anything prior to 9am.
- a volunteer-run event that operates on a shoestring. The vast majority of items are free to drop off.
- open to residents of all communities.
- held rain or shine.
Recycle Your Reusables is not
- a place to drop off junk. Items you bring will be recycled or reused. Even though you think that overstuffed 70s plaid couch that smells like smoke is still perfectly useable, vendors might disagree and they may refuse any items.
- If being recycled the items may be broken down into their component parts (think electronics and mattresses) or ground and repurposed (think Styrofoam).
- If being reused, items will be received by vendors such as More Than Words, Habitat for Humanity, the Epilepsy Foundation and many more.
- Before you load your car with a bunch of stuff you’re not sure we’ll take see the site map or contact us (Ayerrecycles@gmail.com or 978 496 5839.)
Can’t make it to RYR?
- Visit a CHARM (Center for Hard to Recycle Materials). Some local transfer stations are open to non-residents. See the attached list for info.